Have a Ball this MonthNovember 7, 2012
We’re offering a great 20% discount off our full range of Swiss Balls as an incentive for those who have yet to discover the benefits of these to get rolling.
This month you’ll save on our range of Swiss Balls with:
- 60cm and 65cm Swiss Balls normally $65 are now ONLY $52
- 75cm Swiss Ball which is normally $75 is now ONLY $60
Sizing – (Based on Height)
- 60cm Swiss Ball – Suitable for people less than 170cm tall
- 65cm Swiss Ball – Suitable for people between 170cm and 183cm tall
- 75cm Swiss Ball – Suitable for people greater than 183cm tall
Swiss Balls are an extremely versatile and inexpensive exercise tool, which have been shown to help improve posture, core strength, overall body balance and stability.
When sitting on a Swiss Ball, your hips and knees should ideally be at approximately 90 degrees (right angles).
Our Physiotherapists at Sportscare commonly prescribe Swiss Ball exercises to both athletes and patients alike for them to experience the following fitness benefits:
- When used correctly for sitting in the office, Swiss Balls can also help improve sitting posture and decrease the likelihood of posture related occupational injuries, such as headaches, back pain and neck pain;
- As part of an overall fitness program, Swiss Balls can help with weight loss, toning your stomach and improving core strength;
- In the gym, they are used to strengthen the muscles around the mid-section, including both the ‘six pack’ muscles and the important deep stabilizers, such as the ‘transversus abdominis’.
- Swiss Balls are a fantastic workout tool that can help progress standard exercises into more challenging and dynamic variations. When performing an exercise on a normal bench, the stabilizing muscles are not overly challenged. However, when performing the same exercise on a Swiss Ball, the stabilizing muscles are immediately recruited to help maintain posture and balance. Therefore, progressing a standard workout into a whole body experience, utilising a greater number of muscle groups.
- Swiss Balls are an ideal rehabilitation aid for the treatment and management of low back pain. By strengthening the core stabilising muscles, which support the back and help to improve posture and balance, Swiss Balls can help to decrease and prevent the onset of back pain.