How to do lateral ankle tapingJanuary 11, 2014
Generic ankle strapping for a lateral ankle instability, i.e. if you have twisted your ankle.
- clean your skin to remove sweat and dirt
- start with an anchor point, not too tight, just a point to adhere more tape in different directions
- keep the foot flexed up
- then create some stirrups – always start from the inside
- depending on the size of the ankle you can do two or three stirrups
- you then do two ‘figure 6’ stirrups
- you can add heel locks if required, to provide additional support for the back of the ankle
- lock it together with another anchor at the top.